What is Cloud Telephony?
Cloud Telephony Provides business communication solutions for all types of firms with easy-to-use, pay-as-you-grow model. It serves as a all in one platform that meets all the communicational needs of businesses through voice, calling, auto attendant, Interactive Voice Response and many more features that help firms understand their customers betters, resolve their queries faster and enhance agent performance. Through this technological advancement in communication, businesses can increase their presence in the market and attract potential clients. Consumers can reach out to firm in just a click, choosing the most convenient means for them to connect with businesses, provided through Cloud Telephony. This helps saves time and resources for both the customers as well as the business and helps create long-term relationships between the two.
What Is A Cloud Telephony Solution?
As the name suggests, Cloud Telephony is the communications technology where all communication devices and applications are hosted at the service provider’s premises. Any business interested in using these services do not need to install any software or buy any hardware to get the services started. The service can be an IVR, call center setup, call recording etc. These services can be started on a traditional phone, mobile or a computer system i.e. desktop, laptop or tablet.
It works via two networks:-
PSTN – Many countries do not allow mixing of IP and PSTN calls like India and Middle East countries. These countries use PSTN based cloud Telephony solution
IP – The Cloud Telephony services are delivered via internet . Most of the western countries have internet linked calling or VoIP enabled, for providing Cloud Telephony services.
Benefits of Cloud Telephony:-
The incoming calls can be distributed based on skills, or round robin or based on free/busy.
Create a grand impression of your company by greeting your incoming callers with a meaningful IVR. This also helps in better call distribution based on the option selected by the caller.
All the calls are recorded by default. Call recording has many advantages like Quality control, Training purpose, Proof of commitment, dispute resolution.
The number of the caller is not displayed to the Agent. The agent sees the number of Cloud Telephony Provider.
This makes sure that you always own the customer, no matter who is providing the service.
5.No hardware required.
Absolutely ZERO installation at your place. Just subscribe to the service and start enjoying the benefits.
6.Detailed reporting for all the calls.
Agents call reports. Calls held versus not held. Duration of calls. Agents with maximum calls and maximum call time. There is no limit to the kind of reporting that you can schedule as an email to yourself.
7.Time-based call routing.
Office hours and after office hours can have different treatment for the calls. Eg: in office hours you route the calls to agents and after office hours you may just play an IVR and call that caller next day.
Alternatively, different Agents can be defined for different time periods.
8.Easy to setup
Instant setup and hassle-free configuration. Since Enjoy offers everything unlimited, you don’t need to worry about the bills.
You add more agents or add more branches. No problem, Cloud Telephony can handle changes in scale with a breeze
Cloud Based Telephony is based on cloud services. As such chances of failure are far less as compared to in-house EPABX.
10 Major Benefits of Cloud Telephony:-
1) Data Management: Businesses always rely on data for survival, from the everyday data such as emails, to critical business information. Not all data is important, however many businesses store their data in a proper and organized manner. Data management services in Cloud Telephony improve data availability and reduce disaster recovery.
2) Easy Implementation: An attractive feature of a cloud phone system is that it is very easy to implement and the maintenance being very reliable. Moreover, it doesn’t need any hardware installation or maintenance. Henceforth, the implementation and management process of the cloud phone system is extremely prompt, reliable and effortless.
3) Cost Cutting: The service is devoid of any maintenance or support work and most of the service providers offer free call service between the offices and sites. This helps businesses to suit their budgets. The off-site management of the service also reduces both effort and time management. Most of the repair works are done at the remote locations by the service providers without intervening the business activities.
4) Reliability: Cloud Telephony is an ideal solution for multi-sized businesses, as the service is scalable, can be adapted to suit specific requirements, and allows for staff to access full voice functionality, whether they are at home or in the office. The convenient access of the telephony service from anywhere makes the service very reliable.
5) Flexibility: Cloud Telephony provides increased flexibility for your business organizations as well as delivering easier provisioning and nearly unlimited scalability. All the changes can be made immediately, to suit your requirements.
6) Security: All your data from call records to recordings are stored on special high security cloud servers and the data storage is completely secured. On the other hand, to avail a professional in-house PBX installation can cost you high.
7) Scalability: Every IVR system can generally handle a limited or confined number of incoming calls. But the Cloud Based Telephony service can be employed to accommodate high number of call volumes, to enhance your business growth efficiently.
8) Shared Infrastructure: The ability to share compute resources through the concept of virtualization has fulfilled the cloud revolution by reducing the cost factor. It also enhances the convenience of the customer from being bond to use any proprietary telephony hardware or software.
9) 24*7 Access: Cloud Telephony systems are very flexible and reliable to use. Using your EPABX system will always require the presence of the employees in the particular office. With the Cloud Telephony service, you can let your employees work according to their convenience and any location or region.
10) Easy Data Migration and Integration with Other Software: Migrating server and storage infrastructure to a service provider has many benefits such as cost reduction, through reduced hardware, management and staff costs. The better availability of the resources through round-the-clock monitoring enhances and increases the working efficiency of the employees.