What is Copywriting?
Copywriting is re-arranging words to make things sell better. It is a text form of salesmanship. But there’s a lot more to it than that.
Copywriting is the process of writing advertising promotional materials. Copywriters are responsible for the text on brochures, billboards, websites, emails, advertisements, catalogs, and more.
What is the AIDA Copywriting Formula?
AIDA is the acronym for:
The AIDA Copywriting formula is a well-known formula used by Content Writer and marketers to create effective Copywriting that gets results.
There are 3 ways to capture your visitor’s attention
• You can get their attention with a headline
• You can get their attention with a video
• You can get their attention with a hero image
There are two ways to maintain your visitor’s interest.
- Make sure that you’re writing for the scanners and the scrollers. For example, what do we do when we first arrive at a website? We decide if we want to stay there past the first five seconds. It’s important that you’ve written your copy and formatted the page to appeal to people who scan and scroll the page.
- The next important element is the opening paragraph. How many times have you read a newspaper and the headline catches your attention? But what happens if the first paragraph is really boring and full of facts and data that is not interesting?
There are three ways to create desire in your copy.
• Show your products benefits
• Explain how your product can change their life or how it can solve their problems.
• Show the results other people achieved (testimonials)
Now there are three ways to get your visitors to take action.
- A clear and obvious call to action. It is usually a bright colored button with some action orientated copy that is going to get people to click on it. You might have a subheading and a paragraph that talks about all the reasons why they need to take action.
- Urgency is important. How many of you have bought a product that was on sale even though you didn’t really need it? But it was on sale and other people were probably going to buy it. There was an urgency to purchase it and it’s urgency in action.
- You can also add incentives, bonuses or premiums. It is what you call the law of reciprocity. If you want to stand out, you can you add on bonuses as an incentive in order to get more people to take action.
Summary of the AIDA Copywriting Formula
In summary, here’s how to use the AIDA Copywriting formula:-
• You need to get their attention with a headline, video and a hero image.
• Maintain your visitor’s interest by making sure that the first 300 words are really interesting or engaging.
• Create the desire by showing the benefits of your product or service, how it can change their life and improve their problems.
• Use a clear and obvious call to action
• And lastly, show proof by demonstrating your product or service in action using before and after photos or videos, infomercials and testimonials from other customers.